Thursday, November 08, 2007

Blogging Again

I have been officially released from the "cave" at work. Now, I can catch up on my blogging.

So many things have happened in the past two months. I am now back teaching High School Sunday School at church -we are studying the gospel of Luke right now. As part of the church's Wildwest Fall Fest, our Women's Ministries sponsored baking, sewing, craft-making, photography, chili-cookoff contests. Clueless me though forgot to take pictures of it and like many other things that needed my attention during my cavetime, the event didn't have the details I would've like to had seen. This will be rectified as I get back to a regular work/volunteer schedule.

My friends have missed my "rants" on issues that bug me and although I have some that I've been saving for a less busy time, I may hold off a bit longer. It seems that some folks appear to be offended by the things I say and write, even if it is not about them or even if it is both true and necessary for me to say such things. Note to those people: just because I say things that you disagree with, doesn't mean you get to act offended or censor my words. We live in a crazy time where some expect, rather unrealistically, I might add, to never be exposed to speech that is contrary to their deeply held feelings and beliefs. Nonsense! If you embrace immoral or unethical behavior, you can expect to hear from me that it is wrong. It never ceases to amaze me when individuals hear me say something in general about sin X, think that I am singling them out for reprobation. This is even when 25 to 50% of those listening are guilty of the same sin X behavior. If I tell a group of teenagers, for example, that I know they struggle with obeying their parents, it doesn't mean that I was thinking specifically of Sally and calling her out in front of her peers. (Sally, our mythical example, gets offended because she is doing this, has a guilty conscience like the rest of her peers who disobey their parents, and is looking for a justification for not feeling guilt -"Ann's just being mean to me".)

I could rant more on this, but as I said, I think I'll wait and blog some other stuff first.

No comments: